The mission of Eastwood Middle School is to empower students with the skills necessary to continue their education and to take responsibility for their lives.
Principal: Mrs. Portia Martin
- Adopter — Afflink
- 2011-2012 Continuous Improvement Plan
- Enrollment at Eastwood Middle School has stabilized due to the addition of the K-8 schools in the school district. The staff consists of 46 teachers, 3 counselors, 2 assistant principals. 1 principal, 1 library media specialist, 4 instructional aides, 1 secretary, 1 bookkeeper, 2 School Resource Officers, 3 custodians, 1 nurse, and lunchroom staff.
- Student population data for the 2011-2012 school year shows an enrollment of 600 students, 303 girls and 297 boys, with 170 in the sixth grade, 210 in the seventh grade, and 220 in the eighth grade.
- Ethnicity ratio is 82.6% African American, 13.3% Caucasian, 2.9% Hispanic, and 1.1% Asian and Indian.
- Fifteen students are served in the Limited English Proficiency (LEP) program. One hundred twenty-two students (17%) are served in special education.